Today I got started – well, re-started – on a project that I first began a couple of years ago. I’m not sure why I got stuck with it, but I’m certainly feeling the flow of creativity now! My first step was to re-read what I’d written so far, and then I re-worked the introduction and added to it. I added 835 new words today, and I feel like I’m back in the flow of writing.
The project is a full-length e-book on creating and maintaining a daily spiritual practice. Last year when we did a survey of our Feline Dreamers subscribers, spiritual practice was the topic that came out at the top of the list. So I feel like our peeps will enjoy it, and that it’s a worthwhile project. It’s something I certainly have a lot of experience with and passion for, and my initial outline is pretty solid. For some reason, I guess I got bored with writing it. But now I’m infusing it with new sparkly energies, and I feel like the writing itself will be all the better for it.
I’ve also been doing some reading that applies to my goals (writer craft stuff, and a book that I’ll be reviewing for one of the blogs I contribute to). I’ve had plenty of good exercise this week, mostly walking and hiking. We built an awesome faerie house with a young friend and her Mom on one of our hikes! I’m mostly keeping up with blogging, and I’m enjoying being a ROW80 sponsor. I love reading about what everyone is up to, and how they keep themselves motivated.
Here are my mini-goals for the upcoming week:
- Work on the DSP e-book at least 5 days.
- With BlackLion’s help, finish putting together the Creative Inspiration Booster Pack (including picking a final title). Note: how does Opening Your Creative Portals sound?
- Keep up with my blogging schedule.
- Finish reading Pagans and Dreaming, then write and send my review.
- Order copies of my first two books, for sale at events this summer and fall.
I wish you a wonderfully joyful and productive week of writerly work!