I did it! I finished my book draft of The Heart of the Goddess on Sunday! My final word count, toward a target goal of 120K, is 122,145. Yes!!! I wrote about 4K words on Saturday, and the same on Sunday, to finish up. That’s a lot, for me.
After celebrating with friends, I worked at the radio station on Monday, noticing how freeing it was to get ready in the morning without the self-imposed pressure to work on the book first. Yesterday, I sat down with a list of smaller writing projects to catch up with…and I just couldn’t function. I had no inspiration, no desire to work on anything, and just wanted to relax and veg out. So I did. That big final push depleted me creatively, and I needed to recharge.
Today, I feel a bit better. I wrote my Kind Over Matter post – using the topic of why it’s important to take time to celebrate and recharge (how “meta” of me, huh?). I’m here writing this post. I decided to blow off my personal blog until the weekend.
For the next two days, I’ll be at the fall retreat for my biz coaching course. I’m so excited! A room full of heart-centered women entrepreneurs, breaking through inner blockages and planning for a kick-ass 2017! I can’t wait.
Here’s my Wednesday gratitude list:
- Finishing my book draft!!! That’s the big one for this week.
- Learning and incorporating a new meditation that’s just perfect for my daily practice.
- The retreat that begins tomorrow!
- A fantastic private call with my biz coach this morning, to start getting pieces in place for the planning I’ll be doing over the next couple of days. She’s so inspiring!
- Living in such a gorgeous place. Autumn in Maine continues to amaze me, every year.
Have a beautiful rest of the week and I’ll hopefully be back on Sunday with another update. I wish you productive writing days!